The office setting has many different facets that can either become a feature of motivation or an obstacle for productivity. These can happen due to distractions from the phone ringing through to conversations overlapping one another across a room.
Downsizing to a smaller office to cut costs can increase distractions as noise levels, even conversations of fellow workers talking to customers, are magnified due to less space. And this can have a disastrous consequence as far as your customers are concerned as research has shown that up to 89% of customers quit using a business due to a bad customer experience.
And it’s not only the customer that suffers! Research has shown that background noise is stressful for workers and it can take up to 23 minutes for a person to regain concentration after an interruption. Stress leads to more absence and even greater attrition levels.
In 2017 Plantronics surveyed 2,184 professionals from a variety of industries and seven different countries* about the effects of noise in the workplace. Each employee works in an open-space office of more than 500 employees and works from there at least once a week. The results were consistent around the world. Noise creates distraction. And distraction undermines employee productivity, customer satisfaction and business performance.
- The primary cause of noise in the workplace is the increasing number of employees per square footage of office space
- 55% of respondents are disrupted by noise multiple times a day
- 36% of employees have been complained to about the noise they create that disturbs those around them
- Biggest challenge of noise in the workplace is an inability to focus
- 94% believe they would be more productive in a less noisy environment
- Loud talking on the phone is by far the largest noise complaint at 74%
- 29% of respondents go to a quieter area in their company when it gets too noisy at their desk
- 34% of companies provide guidelines to help address noise issues
- Almost a third of people surveyed said customers complain about the noise they hear from the other end of the call
- 70% work for a company that has taken no action to remedy the noise problem
- 77% of employees surveyed would prefer to work in a more traditional workspace with high walled cubicles or offices
One of the ways to achieve a professional atmosphere for your office is to invest in headsets of the highest quality.
At NB Data we have been providing a range of top-quality headsets for businesses across the UK that have a number of benefits. To help you understand more about the reasons you should choose our headsets, here are three positive aspects they will add to your business:
- Improved customer experience: If your potential customer or current client can hear background noise, it can distract them from the point of their call. We have a range of noise-cancelling headsets that will help to create more personal communications across your business.
- Increased productivity: The reduction in audio output from computers and phones in an office can help to improve productivity. This can also happen with our wireless devices to aid a multi-disciplined approach to work especially as up to 70% of workers now use their mobiles for working in the office.
- Upgraded audio quality: Not only will your customers notice the improved quality with our range of headsets, but you will have a better chance of understanding them during the call.
To find out more about our top-quality headsets from leading brands such as Plantronics, get in contact with us today.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...